Interested in being a coach/staff member for Sportsworld camp?
Awesome! Sportsworld exists as a local missions opportunity for the students of Denton Bible Church grades 6th–12th to minister to elementary aged kids in our community. Because we desire to be above reproach with the staff, counselors, crew who will be entrusted with the campers during the week of Sportsworld, we have some criteria in place for the staff members. Here’s our criteria for all Sportsworld staff!
- They must have a relationship with our church body so they are known by DBC staff or adult volunteers.
- Certain staff members must be able to attend the training session Saturday, June 19 before the week of camp. We will have a coaches meeting at 2 p.m.
- Coaches/staff must fill out and have a satisfactory report on a background check. And must have completed the online SAAT training (Ministry Safe) videos and quiz.
- Coaches must be able to attend all five days of camp. Exceptions will be made on a case by case basis. Please email us in advance, if this is the case!
- Staff must fill out a Liability Waiver and Photo Consent waiver.
Once selected as a Sportsworld staff member, we will run a background check. Please fill out the application below so that we can get some more information from you.
Since you have signed up to be apart of Sportsworld, please look over this checklist to make sure you are good to go for serving at Sportsworld 2021:
- Complete a DBC Volunteer Background Check. If you have participated as a volunteer with Sportsworld before, you will most likely have a background check on file, which we will re-run. No need to fill it out again. If you have never filled out a DBC Volunteer Background Check, it can be found below. The Background Check can be filled out and turned in to a DBSM Staff member, emailed to Peter Rios, or turned in to the DBC Church Office (Office Hours: 8:30am-5pm M-Th/ 8:30am-noon Fri)
- Read, sign, and turn in a DBC Waiver and Liability Release and a DBC Photo Release. This is a requirement to complete before being able to participate in all DBSM events. The DBC Waiver and Liability release is required for all events. However, the photo release only needs to be signed once a year. Both waivers can be signed and turned in to a DBSM Staff member, emailed to Justin Fortune or Gabby Bennett, or you can use the dropbox link below. Both waivers are located below. Waivers are due by Sunday, June 7.
- Watch the mandatory Ministry Safe training videos and complete the quiz. You will receive an email from Joe Calfee (email@example.com) with a unique link to the Ministry Safe Training site and quiz in the coming weeks. The link is unique to only you – so please do not forward it on to others. If you have already completed this training in the past two years (since June 2019) then you are good. If you have not, you will need to complete it as soon as you receive the email. This is also due by Sunday, June 6.
- A Direct Deposit and IRS W9 forms are required for all Sportsworld Staff Members in order for Denton Bible Church to pay you!
- Attend the mandatory meeting that is Saturday, June 19 from 2-6 p.m. in the SMC. Make sure to email your staff coordinator if you are not able to attend no later than June 14th.
If you have any questions about paperwork or sport supplies, please direct them to Peter Rios. You can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call the Student Ministries office at (940) 297-6848.