Interested in being a volunteer for Sportsworld camp?
Awesome! Sportsworld exists as a local missions opportunity for the students of Denton Bible Church grades 6th–12th to minister to elementary aged kids in our community. Because we desire to be above reproach with the counselors and crew who will be entrusted with the campers during the week of Sportsworld, we have some criteria in place for those counselors and crew members. Here’s our criteria for all Sportsworld volunteers!
- Counselors and Crew members must have just completed a grade from 6th – 12th grade the previous school year. (For example, if a student has completed 6th grade for the 2016-17 school year, they are eligible to be a Sportsworld Volunteer. If a student is any grade younger than that, they are eligible to be a camper, but not a volunteer.)
- Counselors and Crew must be involved at Denton Bible Church. This means they must have a relationship with our church body so they are known by DBC staff or adult volunteers.
- Counselors and Crew must obtain an email of recommendation from a DBC staff or volunteer if they are involved at DBC, but not if involved directly with Denton Bible Student Ministries.
- Counselors and Crew must be able to attend the training session Saturday, June 24 before the week of camp.
- Counselors and Crew must fill out and have a satisfactory report on a background check. And must have signed and turned in the Student & Child Protection Policy booklet.
- Counselors and Crew must be able to attend all 5 days of camp. Exceptions will be made on a case by case basis.
- The only way to sign up as a Counselor is in person at the Student Ministries Center.
Volunteer sign-ups for all volunteers, Games Crew and Counselors alike, will launch Wednesday, May 3 at Elevate. The sign-ups will only be available at DBSM services–every Sunday morning and Wednesday night Elevates (last one is May 10, 2017). We will not be taking any sign-ups before May 3, nor will we take any sign-ups outside of our DBSM services. Sign-ups for volunteers will close after the DBSM service on Sunday, June 11, 2017.
A note for those outside Denton Bible Church:
As far as our Sportsworld Counselors and Crew go, we do limit those spots for students who are involved at DBC since this is a local outreach event put on by DBSM. We do this so that we can have the utmost integrity in caring for the campers through out the week. Knowing the counselors helps us place them in groups properly, shepherd them well as they encounter campers issues, redirect them when needed and so forth. Having said all that, we would love to get to know your student if he or she would be able to attend our Wednesday night program for a month or so before we finish up for the year. This would allow us to take on your son or daughter as a counselor or crew after he or she became known by our leaders and staff. Please contact Morgan Sain immediately if this applies to you so we can make this happen! Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.